Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Update on waiting...

We are still waiting. Small things happen each week that let us know we are not going backwards, but we are not really moving forwards either. We are pretty much standing still.
Anthony's caseworker has sent our home study to his GAL who is a lawyer appointed as an advocate for him. And that's where it sits.

I will be talking to his caseworker again this week and asking a few more questions, but other than that, there's nothing we can do until they tell us they want to come for a home visit. His caseworker says that 4 of them will make the decision if they think we will be a good fit and then they will call for a home visit.

Before we left on our trip last week I was anxious, sad and didn't have very much peace but I came home with lots of peace and am doing my best to continue to trust that God see's way more than I do and that His plan is perfect for us and for our little guy.

I was playing baseball with my friend's two boys the other night at the park and couldn't help but picture Drew and our little man there too next summer, or even next month. I realized as much as I am not into sports that I could learn and play and watch whatever our guys wants me to :) I had a blast with Rocko and Jack and can't wait to add our guy to the lineup (is that a baseball term?:) Rocko has already offered to teach him all about sports, so he's one lucky kid!

Here's a few of my favorite moments over the last week. I am trying my best to stay in the moment and live present right now in the wonderful life I have instead of constantly longing for life with our little guy.

Beautiful beach, sunshine, new friends to laugh with and my handsome, happy, relaxed, suntanned husband. Those are things I could have missed out on...


2 comments:

julianelle said...

Love the pictures!! I'm thinking of you a lot as you wait. i know its hard! Love you!

Julianelle said...

Praying for all of you. Adoption can be like pregnacey, it always seem to take to long.......but it sure is worth it in the end. luv ya, Mom