Friday, July 29, 2011

waiting...

One time a sweet southern grandma whom I adore, called me patient among a few other sweet things. She said it to my very sweet & patient sister in law, Sarah. Sarah laughed.

Okay, so I'm not the most patient person. If you know me at all, you know this. I have however come a long way in the past few years in the area but I am still never going to be called patient and not laughed at :)

So, we are waiting. Waiting, and waiting more. I have dreams about kids in our house, about holding a little hand as we cross the street, new school clothes and I tend to linger at the backpacks a little too long as I walk past. Which by the way, when did backpacks get sooo expensive?

We have nothing else to do on our end, but wait. Pray. Wait. Distract ourselves with WAY TOO MANY house projects and wait some more.

So, that's what's going on. I email who I can, talk to the right people about some kids waiting out there. Think about our little boy, try not to think about someone else tucking him in at night and picking out his new backpack with him. I wonder what he wants to be for halloween, if he will want to trick or treat? I wonder if anywhere in his little heart he knows we are coming for him. Then we wait some more.

I had my itunes on random country music this morning and heard this line...
"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."
Now, I know Garth wasn't talking about adoption, but that's all I could think about.
I may have teared up, I may have thought about how much we love a little boy we've never met. I may have thought about all the people in our life who are so ready to love him too, no matter who he is. I may have tears in my eyes as I type this. I may.

And I may be having a hard time right now being patient.

This is the one decoration we have for his room so far, until we know what he likes...

1 comment:

Julianelle said...

patiently waiting with you!