Monday, March 22, 2010

Remembering my last trip to Guatemala...

I surprised Jake and Sarah by showing up in Guatemala one November night two years ago.
It was going to be Jake's 1st birthday and I couldn't wait any longer to kiss and squeeze this handsome boy I had fallen in love with.

We were buddies from the start
We celebrated him being one year old with lots of cake, music and dancing...
This is a glimpse of the feeding program that has turned into a school...

Kairos Christian School !
Equipping Christian Leaders in Guatemala for the Next Generation
These sweet kids below are burned in my mind. They had no parents. This was their only meal of the week. Someone asked the oldest boy how they were doing and he said something along the lines of... I'm okay but I worry about the little ones because they just get so hungry.
As I run errands, check things off of my to do list, do laundry and start to pack, these are the images going through my mind. I am so ready to go back.

On a very sad note, will you please be praying for the school as their very loved principal passed away this week. Also, for her sister who is a teacher at the school.

1 comment:

Laura said...

We will be praying!! Can't wait to hear all about what God is going to do through you as well as in your hearts!