Monday, March 31, 2008

home...again.








My time in Florida was really great. I got to spend fun time with two kiddos that I miss, soak up wonderful weather, eat good food, drink really good wine and go for awesome runs.
But most of all I was pretty alone, my cell phone barely worked and I finally slowed down enough to be able to sit and be with The Lord. I read and journaled and sat and thought and heard. I felt His presence with me and saw His work all around me. I came home with a new peace, new perspectives and possibly new parts of my heart tingling themselves awake. Cool, huh :)
Home is good, except the snow and cold and to do list a mile long :) It is a good busy though. Good that we have so many wonderful friends to spend time with, good to be finishing up details on our wedding! Good to have a list of things we need to do together :)
Drew was super fiance and got a lot done on our invitations while I was gone, so we will be sending them out very soon :)
Sending Love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that you got to taste a bit of Spring early. Gowie always said Spring was her favorite time of year because of all the new growth.Birds singing, flowers blooming. God gives us a do-over after a long crappy Iowa winter :)
I love that He is tending to your heart and that you have a chance to just listen. You are an amazing sister and i love you. Tell Uncle Dooby we think he is great. Love kel