Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter, airplanes, sunny days at the pool and Disney World

So, today Drew and I tackled a lofty "to do" list and we completed it!! We are even about to end our day spending time with one of my favorite couples :)

So, I fly to Florida tomorrow to go on a family vacation with the Walkers. I used to take care of their kiddos and this will be my 2nd year going on this trip with them. They are wonderful people and I really enjoy my time with them and the kids. Mary is 4 and my little sidekick princess who belts out songs with me and holds nothing back. Bailey is 6 and smart and quiet yet equally fun to spend time with. We stay with Pop Tom and Baba. They are great and kind and generous. Overall, I am very much looking forward to this trip, but pretty bummed to be leaving again so soon.
Most of all I am sad that I won't get to go to our new church for Easter service with Drew. We will go to a super early service at a random church before he takes me to the airport but it won't be the same. Easter means more and more to me each year. I am just amazed by the vast amount of love that My God has for me...because to be quite honest I deserve none of it. We have a Great God.

2 comments:

Jacob's Blog said...

C.S.Lewis wrote:

"There is a stage in a child's life at which it cannot separate the religious from the merely festal character of Christmas or Easter. I have been told of a very small and very devout boy who was heard murmuring to himself on Easter morning a poem of his own composition which began 'Chocolate eggs and Jesus risen.' This seems to me, for his age, both admirable poetry and admirable piety. But of course the time will soon come when such a child can no longer effortlessly and spontaneously enjoy that unity. He will become able to distinguish the spiritual from the ritual and festal aspect of Easter; chocolate eggs will no longer seem sacramental. And once he has distinguished he must put one or the other first. If he puts the spiritual first he can still taste something of Easter in the chocolate eggs; if he puts the eggs first they will soon be no more than any other sweetmeat. They will have taken on an independent, and therefore a soon withering, life."

Without the reality of a Risen Savior, even the chocolate bunnies lose their flavor - as hard as that is to believe. The reality of a Risen Jesus - that death was conquered once - and was conquered FOR ALL - brings beauty and meaning into a shallow and meaningless world.

Anonymous said...

God is SO good to us. We are missing you but loving that you are planning your wedding with your sweet husband to be. Counting down the days til we can see you!!! Only 19 days! Soak up some sunny rays but remember your sunscreen :) We'll talk soon
Lots of love,
Kel and fam