Sunday, October 24, 2010

Guatemala

Our internet stopped working a few days in so I wasn't able to write. Now as I sit here wanting to share each moment, remember every face and tell each person's story, I don't know where to start.

We got to see Astrid again! She has grown up since March, and has gotten even more beautiful. We had a great day together! Laura and her son, Roark got to meet their Compassion Child too! His name is Pablo and he is sweet, fun and very handsome! They told us that Astrid and Pablo are friends and play together a lot at the student center.





I joked that maybe they will get married someday :) Aren't they adorable!




Laura meeting Pablo and his sweet Mom

My sweet girl!

That's all I have for now. If you don't sponsor a child through Compassion, you probably should. I don't even have the words to explain what it feels like to see her, to know she is being educated, cared for and filled with The Word of God. She told me her favorite person in the Bible is Jesus and that she really likes the stories where He does miracles.
Later, her mom and the Compassion Rep. told us that our trip to come see them was a miracle for them. She told us that after my visit in March her mom had the courage and hope to make some big changes in their family. I don't say that to suggest that I did this for them, God used that time with them, He spoke to her heart. He used us to listen, smile, laugh, sing, dance, hug and hold hands with these beautiful people. He gave us both the miracle of knowing each other. To be completely honest, I am pretty sure I am getting the better end of this deal. Knowing Astrid and her mom, is a gift to my heart that I can't explain. All we had to do was say we'd help, all we had to do was go.




1 comment:

Michelle ~ Blogging from the Boonies said...

Ahhh, what a great experience!! I can only pray that, some day, God makes a way for us to meet some of our Compassion children. Meanwhile, I just love seeing photos and hearing accounts of others doing so.